the big day is here.....halloween at last, at last!!
Howdy!
I have a couple more comments about Halloween today....and some house updates....and some bits and pieces...
Last week it got cold....cold for here I guess. Days of about 10-14, and cooler nights. I have been walking Charlie in fleece...and wearing socks...I quite like it! It has been a long time since I was in cooler temperatures. I went from Korean summer last year to the start of summer in NZ, and at the end of that summer I came to the US for spring and summer here. I look forward to jackets and hats! hehehehe
Also last week some of our friends left for 3 months. They are off to UDSWA (undisclosed destination in South West Asia). We are now in charge of taking care of the ladies. Another group of guys are going in early December as well. So, Xmas and Thanksgiving (roast lamb...probably not what people here expect) at our house?? hehe
Another house on our street has put up their Halloween decorations. They have a skeleton....with shorts on! Is this so it doesn't get cold? or to protect kids from seeing hip bones?? I don't get it. hehehehe.....and the date is set for the candy drive. Tonight, Tuesday night, from 5 to 8 pm. I'll let you know how it goes....and what I think! hehehe
The neighbours down the street are putting up a haunted house in their garage. Which is cool, but seems like a huge effort for 3 hours when kids are so easily entertained. Perhaps it's for the adults. Who knows??
For the past bunch of years we have always done something for Halloween, dress up parties and pub crawls mainly....but the dressing up was always there. I feel almost sad that we didn't do it this year...so next year! Watch out! hehehe
Over at the house all the doors are in! It looks really great. The windows are framed up and the base boards are in. Chris walked Charlie over there the other day to take some pictures of the morning sun streaming in. I have put them on here, they give you a good idea of how it will look with all the paint etc. Next the painters go in and repaint everything; door frames, base boards and touch ups....for slowing down they are still getting a lot done!
On the weekend we went on a couple of outings with Glen and Sarah. The first was to Smily's, which is a regular flea market here. We were late arriving so a lot of the stuff had closed for the day, but we did manage to see people getting tattoos, and where to buy a snake if we felt the need. Although there were a lot of signs telling you no guns, dogs,.....or snakes!! hehehe, so what are you supposed to do once you buy your snake?? I managed to buy 3 paperbacks for a dollar, which is great for those on a budget! Oh and if you want to buy a grill (a set of tooth coverings made of gold and jewels), I know where to go...let me know!! heheheeh
Aaah which reminds me, one of the guys that left asked us to pet sit for him. He has a lizard, and a snake!! hahahah....he said the lizard will probably go into hibernation and might not poop until he gets back (in 3 months!!), and when we met it it hadn't moved for 3 days! As for the snake, it lives in it's cage with a heat lamp. We are to feed her a feeder mouse every two weeks (and at the same time 6 large crickets for the lizard)...if possible in a cardboard box. Sometimes if you put something in her cage she doesn't realise it's food. This should be fun -for Chris!! I will check it out once to say that I have.....oh, and I touched the snake....feels like shoes! hehehe
OK, back to the weekend....after Smily's we went to an antique store and had a look around. I thought it was most amusing when I found drinking glasses that I had used in my childhood...now $15 each!! crazy~!! After this it was decided that we would visit "Chuck's Gun and Pawn Shop". Need I say more?? It was the first time I had seen dear heads up close, as well as stuffed turkeys, and a whooooooole lot of guns and hunting stuff. There was also a large selection of camouflage clothing...and hats! (as you will see in the pics)....
When we left Chuck's everyone decided that the next day we should visit the new Bass Pro Shop in Macon. It is apparently the largest one in the US and has a warehouse and distribution centre attached to it. Let me tell you how excited I was...can you tell??
Now, for those who don't know what a Bass Pro Shop is, let me tell you....it's for hunting, fishing and other outdoors in camo gear types of things. And it is enormous!! As you walk in all the walls are painted in murals and they have enough stuffed animals for a zoo!! We took about 30 minutes just walking around having a look. They have an aquarium filled with local fish, including quite a few Bass. There is also a whole area for boats, not yachts or anything cool like that, but flat bottom party boats and speedy little fishing boats.
And again a large selection of camo gear....especially hats....are you sensing a theme? Refer to the pics...hehehe...
I am currently making pumpkin soup, a first for Chris and everyone else here. I haven't had it in a long time and I'm excited about it!
Aaaaand I'm spent....more about the house as it happens...and I'll get back to you about the trick or treating.....ciao xxxxxx


No comments:
Post a Comment