Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Darn tootin'

howdy y'all....

I thought I should update you all on the happenings here....apart from the house of course. I just updated the pictures and progress of where it is so far (below this one).

A couple of weekends ago it was Glen's birthday. Sarah and his parents chipped in and got him a new...uuuh...rifle! I know it's not a shotgun, and has a scope...so there you go....if you really want to know what it is let me know (but I really don't care! hehehe). Anyhoo, you can't shoot rifles on base, it's for shotguns only, so Glen found a free shooting range in one of the parks nearby. Actually finding it turned out to be quite an effort, but we finally made it there. I got to try it, and I hit the target! woohoo, what a champion! hehehe I'm not quite a professional yet, but watch this space! bahahahaaa

While we were finding our way there Sarah and I saw our first cotton fields! Which made us overexcited, so on the way home we convinced Glen to stop so we could pick some and take pictures....Everyone I told this to already asked me if I cut myself, apparently the outsides of the pods are sharp, but no...I have super cott'n pickin' skills....hehehe. I was surprised that it feels exactly like cotton balls you buy, I don't know what I thought it would feel like....not as soft and ballish possibly. And with seeds in it...so now I know....good stuff!

At the moment the GA National Fair is going on up the road from us in Perry. Yesterday, Columbus Day, was free entry for military so a bunch of us went along. I discovered that fairs are the same in most countries, it's just the scale and some of the food that changes. This one has huge rides and concerts (Beach Boys on Saturday), and you can buy a tractor, join a church, buy a hot tub/spa, learn about chickens and watch their heads being cut off by a machine, and many more good (and often scary) things.....

What is apparently the best thing about the fair is the food, and I must say the selection was amazing. It took 2 laps around the whole thing before I could decide what I wanted....greek food. Followed by peach cobbler and icecream, yummo! Chris had a huuuuge turkey leg, fried Wisconsin cheese, kettle corn (caramel corn for some of us), and pecan pie. Glen had cheese fries, a corn dog, a bag of peanuts, 2 large bags of cotton candy (candy floss), and Beth had funnel cake (deep fried dough with sugar toppings), boiled peanuts, and a greek salad. I'm not telling you all this to be boring, but to show you the variety....there were large BBQ restaurants with ribs and chicken, and all types of sausages.....and of course any deep fried food you could think of.....heehehe.

We went around and looked at some of the animals, the horses and the cows (some with humps, very nice!), and the rabbits! Rabbits of every shape and size, minis, long ears, extra hairy ones, and the New Zealand ones...all very cute!

Last week was our 3rd wedding anniversary so Chris and I went out for sushi....we hadn't had it in a while and it was soooo good! (Now I feel like this whole blog is about food, must be time for lunch! hehehe). We had a lovely time, and I got some beautiful flowers.

Charlie is still growing, I thought he had stopped, but his legs seem to be getting longer....he's still not huge, but lovely and cute...and stubborn. He now likes to lie down and look at you if you want him to do something. And he's getting better at jumping up into the Suburban. He goes over to the new house with us and had marked his territory quite a few times (and not just at our place...hehehe).

I can't describe everything so I'll let you check it out in my slideshow....it's a really long one....enjoy!
Love Anna xxxxxx

PS I got 5 inches cut off my hair on Friday....trying something new.....


No comments: