Monday, October 16, 2006

the latest and greatest......

hey all,

it's getting colder here and it's nice to be able to wear sleeves and pants again....I tried it all the other day, jeans, shoes and socks and a light jacket!! Unfortunately I overheated...hehehe, maybe a bit soon, but what fun!!

We talked to our builder the other day and he is going to slow down on our house. He has about 6 new ones going up and ours could be finished in a month or so and we are not able to move in until early Feb. Boohooo, I wish we could move in sooner, it's going to be really hard waiting with it sitting there finished.

Right now the outside is mostly done, the shake (sheik, hehehe) is up, and all the siding is on. The colours look fabulous together and we love how it looks. Inside, all sheet rock is in and it is really starting to look great. It easier to imagine things now, where stuff will go....the down side of that is now we imagine all the furniture we would like in there.....aah well, dreams are nice.

We decided that we will get the wood floors we couldn't afford. They wanted us to pay for them at closing and that just wouldn't fit in our budget. So I called our mortgage person and we are now adding them on to our mortgage. It's a relief, as I really wasn't feeling the carpet in the living room. We did have to fight to get a window in our second bathroom, and it makes a huge difference. We now call it our $200 window though! hehehe. We have found out how few options they give us so they can stick on their enormous money making budget, and what really gets us is how much they charge for labour on any extras....a fence would be double the price of the materials, so we will be doing that ourselves when we can afford it. Not to worry, I'm sure we can buy a few beers and have some of the boys help us out.

Have I extended invitations yet? hehehe....We really want visitors and are looking forward to moving. All of our time seems to be used planning for the house now, looking for ideas and such.....we chose our paint colours last week, then we got to choose our cupboards, tile, carpet, wood flooring and counter tops....if you want to know what we chose send me an email and I can direct you to some websites....or you can wait for more pics on here....

OK, time to do some laundry (oh joy!),
Loves xxxxxxxx

PS Have I mentioned how much American spell check annoys me?? Not today....??? Honestly!! There are "U's" in colour and labour....(I just wanted to put a couple more in...hehehe....next I might whip out a neighbour..!! Which reminds me, we met out neighbour. Should be an interesting mix..........

No comments: