And now for something completely different
Jac and Bryan came to visit us in late March, and I hadn't seen them since their wedding in ....let me stretch my memory....2002? And before that I hadn't seen Jac since she was in NZ in 1998ish (there goes my memory again -quick! get me some gingko biloba). We manage to keep in contact fairly well, so it was awesome for them to finally meet Chris.
They were here a few weeks after I had arrived so we got to explore together. And I got to witness them eating boiled peanuts for the first time!! Bahahahaaa....
Anyhoo, we went to Macon and checked out some shops and downtown and a very old house (which I have conveniently forgotten the name of...what is going on with me today??). Also, the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, which was surprisingly entertaining! And I can't forget the outlet mall....oooh yeah!
We also went to Savannah, which is about 4 hours away, and had a great day there. We went to the beach and saw the sea (ocean), and tried to eat at Uncle Bubba's restaurant without understanding how popular it was.....we ended up eating at a restaurant with alligators, and a hole in the table (and a rubbish bin underneath). It was a really great time!
All in all it was a lovely visit, and we hope we can make it up to Canada to visit them in their giant new house with their soon to be 2 children!
Again I have lots of pics....

No comments:
Post a Comment