Taft-tastic!!
So I realised last night when I couldn't sleep that I forgot a few things....
There is a new game show on TV with William Shatner as the host. It's called, "Show Me the Money"....and it boasts 100 dancing girls! Woohooo.....no, thank you...I'm sure if you are in the US you have seen the ads (commercials)....they describe the show in such terms as "Shat-tastic", "Shat-riffic" and "Shat-sational".
I don't know if they realise what the shortening of his name means...Shat. Honestly people! On the other hand it is said in such excited tones that you can't help but laugh. On this note we decided to apply the same principal to our own versions of words.
Our neighbour decided to put up his Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving. I guess the traditional day for that is the day after Thanksgiving (which is what many more neighbours did, I'm so glad they were prompt!!). Anyway, back to our neighbour, Taft. He put up an 8 foot snow globe, a 12 foot blow-up Santa, a 12 foot blow-up snowman, and some wire glowy things which include a moving polar bear. He also decorated his house, with a wreath on every window and icicle lights all around the eaves of his house.....we checked on his progress all day while we were cooking and eating, and last night he told us he wasn't done yet....what more could he possibly do I wonder????
So, in honour of William Shatner we now give all the local Xmas decorations a rating on our "Taft-tastic" scale. Some are "Taft-nasty", or "Taft-tacky", but we have seen a couple that have made it to "Taft-errific"......lucky people. Pictures will be out soon, so you can apply your own ratings.....I can't wait to drive through the Eagle Springs gated community, home of the ugliest houses, and see what they have over there!
And there was something else I forgot....what was that....hmmmmmm....aaah yes! The feeding of live things to the snake and the lizard.....!!!
Remember back that far?? We went to the pet store for one feeder mouse (white, cute, twitchy), and 6 live crickets (in a bag, try not to shake them - they don't like it!). And we took our little friends to Justin's apartment. Our little bearded lizard friend was chilling near his rock, and when we put the crickets in he perked up a bit (if moving is perking up). His strategy was to let them come to him. And crickets being crickets, they roamed all over the cage and indeed, they did go to him. At which point he snapped them up. Crunch crunch, very tasty!! He almost seemed to be smiling.
Now the snake.....Chris had fed the snake when I was in Florida, so I had missed it. I decided to video it. If you need to see this, let me know and I can forward it on. I have already had a firm no from my mum! hehehe.
Apparently when Chris picked up the snake last time (I am very sorry that I forgot their names, as they were lovely), it had....snapped is not the right word, not lunged...but I guess tried to bite him. And Chris didn't like it (fair enough I say, you don't see me volunteering to pick it up!! hehehe). So this time a different tactic was used, or in other words...a stick.
We (Chris) put the snake in the box, then the mouse (who I had ignored in the car so I wouldn't become attached to its cuteness), and before we knew it the snake lunged. It was so quick, then it spent about 2 minutes squeezing the crap out of it. At this point I was quite glad I was not the one making friends with the snake! hehehe.
After the excessive (in my opinion) squeezing the snake positioned itself and started to swallow the ex-mouse. It used its teeth to basically walk its mouth down the body, it was quite creepy. It made me glad I wasn't a mouse. The snake then swallowed the whole thing and seemed much happier for the trip back into it's cage/house.
All in all a very interesting experience, but I think I am more suited to the Animal Network on TV. It gave me the willies.....
Right, that must be all now...if I forget anything else...well, you'll hear about it!!
Have a "Taft-tastic" day people!
Anna xxxxxxx

No comments:
Post a Comment