More of November.....
So, there have been lots of things happening this month...let me see if I can recall them all.......
Let's start with small happenings before I get onto the big ones...or are they all big ones?? OK, let's start big~!
My nephew Connor Douglas Morris was born on November 11th at 2:11am (NZ time) and he weighed 6lbs 15oz...he is a gorgeous wee fellow and from what I understand he has been eating and gaining lots of weight. He also has his days and nights mixed up, which I'm sure is hard on Simon and Wandy, with Jake sleeping well at night and bouncing around all day. Jakie has been really good with him, he likes to kiss him and give him cuddles, but there is a bit of a worry about unsupervised hugs that could lead to smothering. The lucky parents are being extra vigilant!
I went for a girls weekend to Destin, Florida (yes, I have been to yet another state, personally I am just glad to say I have been somewhere other than my 30 minute adventure into Alabama...hehehe). I went with 4 of the girls (who are all older than me and should probably be called ladies or women...but whatever) who work at our local electric company, Flint. We left after they finished work on the Friday and drive the 5 hours almost directly south. It was a fairly uneventful drive, we didn't hit any deer, or see anything wonderful in the dark. We did drive through some fog. Aren't you glad you know that? hehehe
The next morning we got up and showered, which is quite an undertaking with 5 females and one hotel bathroom. Oh, and with our sleeping arrangements we had Beth sleeping on the single airbed on the floor, I was with Laura and Janet and Pam were sharing. Cosy to say the least. Right, so there we were getting ready for the day. This took a long time.....and there was a lot of blow drying, curling, straightening and hair spraying....good times! We did manage to get out and eat breakfast before noon, then we took in a few of the sights and stores of Destin.
Destin is very popular during the summer months and it showed. There was a boat race on that weekend and I guess that pumped it up a little, but it was still obviously quiet. They have many large holiday type stores, with souvenirs, Destin clothing and beach stuff. Destin is up in the "pan handle" of Florida, and has lovely white sandy beaches and where we were staying there was water on both sides. It was nice to see Ocean again, and to have sand in my toes....even if it was super cold!! hehehe.
The day started off nicely, but it got colder and windier. By afternoon we were all freezing our bums off! hehehe. We stopped off at the tattoo and piercing shop where the girls had gone last time. Laura and Janet wanted a touch up on their colours, and Pam wanted her tattoo extended and Beth got another belly-button piercing. So I did it....I got a tattoo!! My first (thank you Si, for suggesting it wasn't!! hehe), and I had thought a lot about it. I decided to get a little turtle on my foot, it's mostly green and the design is tribal so the shell looks like a little Koru. It has so many different meanings for me, and it symbolises everything I wanted.
It only took 25 minutes (not counting the 3 times we tired to put it on and changed position and placement)and yes, it hurt like hell...!! I love it!! It is now happily peeling and itching a lot, so I cover it with cream and get cold feet a lot....!! hehehe
After we spent 4 hours at the tattoo place we arranged to meet up with our artist, Jeremy, later that night for a drink. Then we went out for dinner. Aaaah fresh seafood, you can't find a lot of that here in Warner Vegas, so I took advantage and had some. When my huge plate of crab legs arrived I realised that Chris usually helps me crack them open, and I am in fact...useless! hehehe. It took me a while, and I went extra hungry while to got into the rhythm, but I finally got it! And it was delicious. I was a mess, but I had really worked hard for that crab! heheeh
After dinner we headed back to our little room and got ready for a night out. We met up with Jeremy, had some drinks and a few dances and yeah...good times! hehe
It was a great weekend, I was a little slow the next day and spent a lot of the drive back sleeping. We stopped off at what is quite possibly the worst McDonald's in the world. It was really nice to get away and the girls were great.....hopefully one of these days when I get a job I can repay them all for the great times!
OK, that is caught up on middle November....maybe one more for recent events!
Quick catch up on the house......the back porch is all screened in, the painting is ongoing, and it looks great! The doorways are framed and in, the windows are framed and the crown molding is up. We still head over every few days, and are often surprised....not long now until we move in! Time to start thinking about packing....OH NO~!!!!
(I have added the Halloween pics in here instead of the last blog...oh well...you'll be ok.....xxxx)



No comments:
Post a Comment