Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Labor Day long weekend

Hey all,

Just a quick update with some adventures that happened over the long weekend. I say adventures, but I guess they should really be happenings.....coz I don't know if what we did is that exciting!! hehehe

Anyhoo....Friday night started off with Meg and Dave coming to visit. Meg is heading back to Canada soon, so we had to catch up before she left. We had a whole bunch of people head over and we had some food and drinks, before our nominated sober driver (YAY Glen!) squeezed us all into the suburban and drove us off to Macon. Every first Friday of the month in Macon the main street is blocked off and everyone can wander between the bars. Apparently the girls didn't think about whole lots of walking thing before we chose our shoes....oh no! That and we parked (as David described it) "about a million miles away".

After going into a few bars and wandering around a bit there were a few things that stuck out for me....we were old! hehehe, most of the crowd was made up of University students...I was wearing waaaaay too many clothes, not a short skirt or dress.....and we were a group of white people in a black crowd. At least walking around there made me feel like I was a small girl in the crowd! Good things....heheeh

After we left the bars we decided to get some food, and apparently the place to go for food when you have been drinking is Waffle House. This was another first for me. It was quite enjoyable. They are famous for their waffles (duh!) and their hash browns. Which you get smothered (onions), covered (cheese), and a whole lot of other things that I forget. Let's just say that Chris got the works, which had jalapenos and chilli on them, and they were scary and didn't taste good at all! hehehe. Poor guy, we should have guessed he couldn't read at that point.

On Saturday Chris had to work, but before he left we managed to have a huuuuuge brunch. It was wonderful! In the afternoon we went to the supermarket in a big group, and let me say this....don't send 5 hungry people to the supermarket!! It's not a good idea at all. For dinner that night (between 6 of us) we managed to have 2 kinds of shrimp, chicken, steak, and fish....not counting salads and stuff. Holy Moly! Unfortunately for me Chris was working so I ended up manning the BBQ and cooking all of that food! Not fun at all....can't say I am a fan. At least I had Trevor (our friendly toad) out visiting with me. (he's in the pictures...good job Meg).

On Sunday after Meg and Dave left (sooo sad) lots happened....in fact...I am going to write a whole other blog about it!!! Enjoy the photos...

Anna xxxxx


No comments: