Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Redneck Games........more fun than Cow Tipping!!

Outrageous!! Zany!! Unbelievable!!

These are words from the brochure, and they aren't wrong...cough...sorry, in Redneck speak, "they ain't wrong". When I first found this event online when researching Georgia, I thought it must be some kind of joke! I was wrong, we heard more about it recently and decided that this was one part of Southern culture that we could not miss out on! Plus, we felt like a good laugh.....and we got one...or 9! hehehe

Let's start with a run down of the events....which happened about every hour after the lighting of the propane torch....no, I'm not joking, hehehe....there was the world famous mud pit belly flop, bobbin for pigs feet (in beer, none of that water stuff) the hub cap hurl -like frisbee, but not (this actually had some interesting crowd participation, they stood in the way and narrowly avoided getting smacked in the head with hub caps) and last, but definitely not least the ass crack competition and armpit serenade -which we unfortunately missed....oh so sad! Imagine it if you will....redneck asses. Aaah, no thank you~!!

Here are a few impressions from walking around......there was a smell of deep frying in the hot air, and it was super hot. There were a lot of people swimming in the river, which was actually quite nice. We paddled. Apparently we should have taken togs (swimsuits), or jeans (see pics). Now we know. I didn't realise that I should have worn camouflage clothing. I also didn't know that bikinis came in sizes that large! Scary! If female confidence is what you are after, check this out! You will see what I mean from the photos...

The worlds fastest lawn mower (what an accomplishment!!) was there. And a scooter with large wheels and a bar stool seat. For sale no less....hhmmm, tempting.....?? There were a loooot of young teenagers having a few beers. Lucky for them there was no ID check at the gate. I am so pleased that all the people trying out for governor of Georgia were there to talk to everyone. It was quite a good showing....

There were quite a lot of confederate flags there (no surprise), but the flags in the pants were cool, and common! Also the confederate bikinis we for sale there, and worn by many females.

There was an older woman there who was wearing her short overalls, which were stitched on the bum with "Redneck Grandma". Unfortunately, it was her last year doing the 'World Famous Mud Pit Belly Flop'. Oh, what a tragedy! There was also a couple there who had been married the day before. They had chosen to have their honeymoon at the Redneck Games! Good times!!! hehehe I can't say that that would be my choice. There was a woman there who had fashioned a purse out of a wife beater (otherwise known as a singlet or tank top...please refer to photo slide show). She actually had a few teeth missing. I was very confused about her though, she had two really cute little boys....how??

I have decided that there needs to be a new redneck requirement -16 and pregnant or 17 with new baby....sure was a lot of that going round.....there was a pregnant lady (I guess if she's a redneck, she's not a lady? Or is she....I'm so confused) selling me a fruit smoothie, and her shirt said, "birth control is for sissys". An excellent motto....!!

If I haven't sold y'all on the games yet, check it out at http://www.summerredneckgames.com/

Next year- we now know that we need to take a tent, some food, and chairs....oh and our confederate bikinis! Enjoy the pictures.......


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah...soo soo sorry I missed that! I definately should have stayed just for that...so jealous.


~Meg