time for an update?? I guess so......
Hey all,
I realise I have been pretty slack lately....no excuses....ok, maybe a few...hehehehe
Let's see, we have been settling into our new house and we are loving it. We made a trip up to Ikea to get our bed, but they were out of stock. No worries, we bought some armchairs instead -ikea style....love them! (chill area pic) We are going to head back up soon, unless we can order our bed online or whatever...fingers crossed!
On that same trip we went to an appliance outlet and Glen and Sarah bought a fridge. We took it back that day, in the back of the suburban, where Glen and I were sitting! Luckily we had bought cushions for our new chairs, otherwise it would have been a lot more uncomfortable!! hehehe
Our lovely friend Beth, whose parents have moved to town, hooked us up with a couple of free bar stools, which hang out near our island. This reminds us that one day we need to add to it so we can actually eat there without bending over so far we might as well stand! hehehe
We also got a mirror at Ikea, so we can peer at ourselves before heading out the door. And that serves as a reminder that I need to turn the step chest around....getting there. It is a work in progress here. I'm sure I move something every day! hehe
I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking lately. I have also planted some herbs, and some seeds for more herbs. I am turning into quite the Earth Mother! heheheh. For Valentines Day I made a batch of chocolate fudge muffins with liquid choco centres. I put people's initials on them and voila! Gifts! hehehehe
A bunch of the guys from Chris' squadron recently returned from sandy places, so we have been catching up with them. Glen and Sarah moved into their house across the road last week, so we have new neighbours. Can't say much about the other neighbours yet. Some we never see, and some are decidedly antisocial. Glaring etc....it doesn't help that we are so social and constantly have people over. Aaah well.
Oh, and then there is Dave. He's our local busybody, he knows everyone's business. He has a dog who was raised on a farm and is not social at all, she snarls every time she see Charlie. He suggested that we need to let them fight it out, but I am not so keen on the idea, since she is a lot bigger and he's a softie. He would get his ass whooped!
Last week we went out and bought a new couch. And it was delivered last night. It's enormous, it makes Chris look little. And I am having to adjust to how large it is....I tried moving it around today (don't tell Chris), but I can't decide exactly where it should go. And there is another part coming....it's a sectional and we have the couch and the loveseat, but the chaise is being delivered in a couple of weeks.
Charlie has been on a bad streak lately, now he knows his two girlfriends (Keena and Kaia) are across the road. He has taken up rolling in poo, eating poo and general bad behaviour. We are working on it, and it's taking a lot of bribes. We are looking into getting him a citronella collar that we can spray in his face every time he rolls in whatever. Hopefully that will break him of his need to do that!
Chris has been assuming the handyman role, by building some furniture. We found a picture of a bookcase that we like and he has built it. It looks fabulous and is almost ready for me to stain it. Next up is the matching tv stand. Now if only someone can convince him that the old couch doesn't need to live in the garage.....
They are now building right next door to us, and it seems from now on the lots are smaller. They didn't rezone any of the sections when we moved in, and we lucked out with a big one, but they were originally for trailers. This means that the new one next door is going to be cosy.....at least it won't block our sun...!! And it's something to watch every day.
Hhhmmmmm, what else? Right....Mum and Dad are coming for a visit in May and that's something we are all looking forward to. Chris is flying tomorrow and next week. Still waiting to hear about my greencard....bring on the interviews and biometrics...should be a good time! heheheh
I hope all is well with everyone.....enjoy the pics......Anna xxxxxx



1 comment:
Hey Anna
The house looks fantastic and I love the big couch. Are Chris's handyman skills for hire? I need an entertainment unit built for TV, DVD player with built-in bar and cocktail umbrella dispenser, etc and a 30m pool dug into my backyard. I could give him a six-pack of REAL beer in return for this minor undertaking.
Chat soon, lots of love from your OLD brother! xxx
Post a Comment